**Please note: This position is remote, but candidates MUST be based in California. Please only apply if you are based in California**
Who we are
At Informed K12, we’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more about us at www.informedk12.com.
About the role
At Informed K12, a critical part of what we offer is a high-touch, consultative approach to implementation, where we leverage our expertise to provide school districts with a clear path to success. We're looking for folks that can influence a change in district behaviors through technology. This often means wrangling stakeholders and getting very creative in getting wide and deep within multiple district departments and department leaders. You will partner with our clients to take them on a transformation journey as they reimagine critical processes and build operational capacity for their organizations.
If large-scale change management and moving diverse groups of people with competing priorities toward common goals is interesting to you, then you will find the work we do both rewarding and challenging. Your positive relationships with our district partners will help them lead large-scale change in their organization.
- End-to-End Project Management: Spearhead project implementation by diligently adhering to the defined scope, driving continual enhancements, and delivering our software solutions.
- Strategy Design and Execution: Lead in designing robust, scalable architectures that meet specific business requirements, ensuring optimal outcomes and program success.
- Client Engagement and Relationship Management: Establish strong rapport with district stakeholders to assess their business needs, advising them with suitable platform recommendations. Foster and maintain strategic relationships at all levels within the school districts, from Superintendents and their Cabinets to Program Directors and Administrative Assistants, ensuring seamless cross-functional interaction.
- Product Expertise: Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Informed K12’s product, keeping abreast with our product roadmap to better serve our clients' evolving needs.
- Risk Mitigation: Proactively manage accounts to identify potential risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, and resolve issues effectively for a successful project outcome
- Value Realization: Architect and implement strategic program roadmaps for clients that drive value and align with their business objectives.
- Voice of the Customer: Act as the liaison between clients and our product teams, capturing and communicating their feedback and feature requests, to enhance the overall user experience.
- Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel 25% - 30% of the time
- Experience: A minimum of 4 years experience in project/program management at a software/SaaS company.
- Strategic Thinking: Robust critical and strategic thinking skills, with a proven ability to manage, analyze, and resolve complex client situations effectively.
- Relationship Building: Proven track record in building and nurturing strong internal and external relationships, including with senior-level executives across organizations.
- Proactivity: Demonstrated ability to anticipate client needs, actively seeking opportunities to deliver added value and exceeding expectations.
- Adaptability: Capability to thrive in fluid start-up environments, demonstrating comfort and effectiveness even in situations where processes and structures may not yet be well-defined.
- Innovative Mindset: A creative, entrepreneurial spirit, able to think outside the box to identify unique solutions and opportunities.
- Location: This is a 100% remote position, but must reside in California to complete client onsite visits
- Early-stage startup experience or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in K-12 schools or districts
Salary Range: $110k-$150k
What We Value:
- Growth Mindset
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Systemic Thinking